At PDS, we believe that Passive Houses are for everyone. Over the past ten years, we’ve worked hard to build on key lessons in design and construction to make this possible. We work with many clients on custom house designs, and we have developed a portfolio of Passive House Stock Plans. These predesigned home plans are suited to a variety of sites and functional needs that are designed and tested for energy performance. Choosing a stock plan for the construction of your new home has many benefits – here are just a few:
As Pioneers of Passive House in Canada, we want to share our knowledge and experience with you.
Our blog posts include:
- How a Passive House works and the building science behind it
- What a Passive House costs and what are the savings
- Practical info about Energy Efficiency
- What our clients say about living in a Passive House
- Design and construction info about new projects we are working on.
- News about solar photovoltaics and other relevant systems
- Resources to help you get started with your project
Topics: The Cost of a Passive Home, Living in a Passive Home, Net-Zero
An increasing number of today’s homebuyers want the quality, comfort and energy savings of a Passive House, along with the carbon emissions reductions of a Net-Zero house. Lower energy costs and
increased energy security are two goals especially important to young cost-conscious families and seniors needing to manage fixed assets. Net-Zero Passive House design that uses modest on-site, grid-tied,
electrical power generation is a simple and practical path to reach these objectives in most North American regions with heating dominated climates. Visit this High Performance Buildings article written by Passive Design President Natalie Leonard.
Topics: Net-Zero, In The News